Are you looking to gain experience in pursuit of becoming a Mortgage Originator (Loan Officer)? If so, this is a great opportunity to work directly with the Originators and Processors to gain the experience needed.
This position will have an hourly rate plus eligible for bi-weekly incentives based on mortgage volume.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the mortgage loan officers by contacting past referrals and pre-approvals.
1. Assist Loan Officers in all aspects of the lead and application process
· Effectively make follow calls on Leads and Pre-approvals on behalf of the loan officer
· Assist in collecting needed Income Documentation from the borrowers
· Update and review current mortgage applications
· Assist in submitting completed loan applications into Processing and Underwriting
· Assist in gathering needed documents from borrowers for underwriting and closing process
· Review final Closing Disclosures with Borrower before closing
· Communicate with Realtors and Lawyers during loan process
2. Follows up on incomplete applications to offer assistance and/or to determine applicant’s intentions.
3. Answers member questions regarding mortgages and the process. Schedules appointments to take applications either in person or over the phone at the member’s convenience.
4. Coordinates with the mortgage processors on the processing of the application. Communicates with the applicant and other parties respectively on the progress of the application.
5. Completes follow up with mortgage partners to ensure loan closes and resolves any problems while ensuring compliance guidelines.
6. Assist Mortgage Originators with rate lock expirations to ensure the loans are closed, funded, and sold to the secondary market prior to rate lock expiration.
7. Assists the Mortgage Originators with choosing the program best suited for the applicants needs by determining the applicant’s ability to qualify using information on the credit report, income and assets.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong computer proficiency and prior clerical and/or sales experience.
click "Apply Now" to email us your resume to get started